Field operators are responsible for the safe operation of oil and gas facilities/equipment for production of oil and gas.
WHO NEEDS THIS TRAINING
The training is specifically meant for newly graduated engineers including BSC/HND/ND and other science related field who would like to have a career in the oil and gas. Also, newly-hired personnel called on to hold the position of production operators in Oil & Gas production facilities or terminals. Current production field operators in need of knowledge enhancement and skills development.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- explain processes, equipment and machinery,
- adjust equipment operating parameters as required for safe operation and maintain product quality targets,
- safely perform routine operations, surveillance of plant equipment and apply special operating procedures,
- identify and react adequately to plant upsets,
- demonstrate awareness and concern for good safety practices and procedures,
- evolve in a multidisciplinary team and communicate effectively.
- MODULE I: PIPING, VALVES, FITTINGS & SCHEMATIZATION
- Piping, valves check valves filters pressure safety valves.
- Fundamentals of metallurgy, introduction to corrosion.
- Plant drawings: PFD, P&ID reading and mechanical drawings.
- MODULE II: INSTRUMENTATION, PROCESS CONTROL & THERMAL EQUIPMENT
- Sensors, transmitters, control valves, ON/OFF valves.
- Controllers, control loops.
- Heat exchangers.
- Fired heaters and boilers.
- MODULE III: ROTATING MACHINERY & ASSOCIATED DRIVERS
- Centrifugal and volumetric pumps.
- Centrifugal and reciprocating compressors.
- Drivers: electric motors, gas turbines, diesel engine.
- MODULE IV: DOWNHOLE PRODUCTION, WELL EFFLUENTS PROCESSING, TERMINALS
- Introduction to reservoir and notions of drilling.
- Well completion equipment, notions of well productivity, artificial lift.
- Oil processing.
- Gas processing.
- Produced water and injection water processing.
- Oil storage – Oil & Gas metering – Oil & Gas transfer operations.
- Process safety systems.
- MODULE V: UTILITIES & HSE PRODUCTION OPERATION
- Compressed air generation, open drain/closed drain, fuel gas, electrical power generation…
- Main hazards associated with hydrocarbon processing.
- Risk assessment tools. Job safety analysis. Risks in normal production operations.
- Safe isolation of plant and equipment. HSE in maintenance and construction works – Permit to work system.
- Environmental impact.
- MODULE VI: CONTROL SYSTEMS AND OPERATOR’S INTERFACE PANEL
- PLC, DCS, SCADA, HMI AND SIS SYSTEMS
- Interfaces between the various control system
- control philosophy/functional analysis and cause & effect
- basic programming and troubleshooting of control system
- practice in live mini process plant
Course Duration 48hrs/4weeks
click here to register for this course